How to install gate latch?
The Magna Latch type of gate latch is brilliant. By placing the knob at least 54" off the ground, and requiring an upward pull on the knob to open the gate, you've easily removed persons of less than 3' tall from danger.
Magna Latch fence latches are code compliant, and they self close and self latch your pool fence gate. It does this by means of patented enclosed gate hinges. Designed to fit metal, wood or vinyl fencing, of 4 - 6 foot in height.
To install America's best pool gate latch, you install the striker plate onto the swinging gate, and two mounting brackets to hold the latch body. It's a quick installation, should take no more than 10 minutes.
- Be sure that gate is square, and not sagging. Take the time now to fix any issues with the hinges.
- If your fence is not already self-closing and self-latching, you can install the Magna Latch hinges.
- The gap between fence and post can be between 3/8" and 1-7/16". A 3/4" gap is ideal.
- Pool gates must open outward. Install Magna Latch on the Outside of the pool fence.
Installing the Magna Latch
- Measure up from the ground 36-3/8", and mark the fence for Bracket "A". Use screws provided to install bracket into fence post. For aluminum fences, drill pilot holes for the screws.
- Measure up from Bracket "A", 13-3/8", and mark the fence for Bracket "B". Use screws to secure bracket into fence post.
- Slide the Latch Body over the Mounting Brackets "A" and "B", until it locks into place.
- Install the Striker Body onto the gate post. Adjust and align, then tighten into place.
Here's a short video of the Magna Latch installation.
See our complete collection of Magna Latch pool fence latches and gate hinges.
If you would like to Guest Post on our Pool Blog ~ or for permission to repost our Pool Blog on
your website, or if you have a question please contact the author by the email link at the top of the page. Thank you